Today is International Women’s Day (IWD) – a global day of celebrating women’s achievements and a call to action for gender equality. For over 100 years, people have united around the world to observe IWD. Women have come far during this time, and we have far to go.
In 2012 a special gathering, We Move Forward, began on Isla Mujeres, the Island of Women, Mexico, where women of all ages, wages and stages of life came together to share their stories and their strength, and to keep the momentum moving forward. We Move Forward was meant to be a one-time event, but the experience was so rewarding for so many that it ran for five years. New life-altering friendships and connections have formed, jobs left and created, many risks taken, and even a book about WMF written (Never Too Late: Your Roadmap to Reinvention by Claire Cook.) I took this year off to catch my breath, and quite frankly to find my financial footing to keep this project going. We Move Forward will return in 2018 and here’s what’s coming clear:
- WMF will take place March 8, 9, 10, 2018 on Isla Mujeres, Mexico – mark your calendars!
- Each day will once again begin with a choice of movement classes
- Ray will begin each day with the setting of an intention
- ‘12 Minute Talks’ that touch our hearts, minds and souls will make up a portion of each of the 3 days
- A first time “Fail-Fest” will have us rejoicing in our mistakes
- Once again, we’ll take to the white sandy beach for some rest and play
- Sunset happy hours will cap off each day
- Group rates will be available when the WMF 2018 program goes live in July 2017.
- Sponsorship and bursaries will support the attendance of local women
I personally invite you to join me on sunny Isla Mujeres for IWD 2018. Until then, have a wonderful International Women’s Day 2017.
Here’s to being strong and supportive of each other.
Founder, We Move Forward