‘Giving Back’ is a core value guiding the work of We Move Forward. A portion of each registration goes toward improving people’s lives (and animals too) in a variety of ways, including:
In 2018 We Move Forward will:
- Continue to sponsor local women from Isla Mujeres to attend WMF
- Involve women owned and operated businesses – Adriana of Hotel Berny, and Familia de Cerilia in making the beaded conference lanyards, and involvement of the Women’s Beading Co-op at WMF Day 1 Connection Session
- Support local artisans with a WMF visit to the monthly ‘Isla Artist Fair,’ and a field trip to Isla Animals.
Here are other ways WMF has given back over the years:
- 12 local women, who otherwise would not have the opportunity to attend a 3-day conference, have been sponsored to attend We Move Forward at no cost.
- A donation of $750 Canadian dollars was given to Ron Brown Scholarship Fund, a fund that provides financial assistance to promising, dedicated students from Isla Mujeres to further their education and improve their life style.
- A 10,000 peso donation was made to Isla’s Department of Infants & Families for mobility aids to assist citizens of Isla Mujeres to move forward with the aid of wheelchairs, walkers, canes and crutches.
- Monetary donations in 2012 exceeding 3,000 pesos to each of the following organizations:
Ron Brown Education Fund
PEACE isla Mujeres
DIF (Department of Infants & Families)
- Special Recognition: We Move Forward would also like to give special thanks to an anonymous donor – a Canadian businesswoman living generously – who paid for the participation of two local women to attend WMF 2014 at no cost.
- Each year, Jeff Current, WMF’s ‘Sound Man’ donates his fee to Isla Animals, the Animal Rescue and Spay & Neuter Clinic that he and his wife, Alison Sawyer Current, founded on Isla Mujeres. See Isla Animals to learn more about the important work and results this organization is accomplishing here: www.islaanimals.org