August has been a very exciting month for We Move Forward 2018 organizers. For the first time ever, 25+ women have jumped in on the early-bird $100 discount – this is the highest number of women to sign-up within less than a month of opening registration. They along with many more women who will be registering have booked themselves into Hotel Berny for the 3+ Day International Women’s Day Conference. Hotel Berny, a quaint, simple, mid-size hotel, which will host WMF breakfasts, is offering WMF registrants a 20% discount on very reasonably priced hotel rooms. The result – a second record has been broken – 80% of the WMF reserved rooms have been reserved, with only a few remaining. If you plan to come to WMF 2018 and want to stay at Hotel Berny, act NOW & contact the Manager, Adriana Castrejon, to get in on this good WMF deal: firstname.lastname@example.org
BUT, don’t fret if you miss out on Hotel Berny, as there are many other accommodation options on Isla, just a few minutes walk from Hotel Berny and the Casa de la Cultura, where the conference will take place (I can’t wipe the grin from my face. I have been waiting six years to be able to share the news that We Move Forward will be held at the Casa de Cultura in Centro, Isla Mujeres!). WMF works closely with Meaghan St. Louis of ‘Isla Beckons,’ to help you find the perfect accommodation. Email Meaghan and she will get back to you pronto: email@example.com
If you have any questions or inquiries about travel and accommodation, please contact We Move Forward Travel & Accommodation Coordinator, Penny Burnham at firstname.lastname@example.org
For those of you visiting Isla Mujeres for the first time, you are in for a ‘Traveler’s Treat.’ Here is some good to know information about “Isla”, which recently claimed the name “Pueblo Magicos” (Magic Town):
- Isla Mujeres – The Island of Women – is a quaint and very colorful Caribbean island, just a short 17-minute ferry ride from Cancun, Mexico
- Isla is 8 kilometres long and 1 kilometre wide. The downtown area known as ‘Centro’ is four by six blocks – perfect for exploring by foot
- The climate in March is perfect with temperatures ranging between 23 and 28 celsius
- WMF participants book return flights to and from Cancun, Mexico. Once in Cancun, it is a short shuttle ride to the ferry dock, a quick ferry ride over the brilliant turquoise Caribbean waters, and then you’re on Isla
- By foot, golf cart, taxi, or bicycle, Isla is very accessible, safe and easy to navigate.
- The WMF conference venue, the Casa de la Cultura, is in Centro alongside the Caribbean ocean, and a short walk to a wide assortment of wonderful shops and restaurants.
- Taxi fare is very reasonable on Isla, with most destinations costing between $2 – $5 usd.
Available on Isla
- ATM Machinesare located at 2 banks HSBC & Banamex in Centro
- Pharmaciesare well stocked with many located in Centro and outlying neighborhoods
- Grocery Storesare located in Centro and outlying neighborhoods
- Hospitalswith English speaking staff are located in Centro and at the Navy Base.
- Internet and wifi are available at the conference venue and many hotels & restaurants.
For more detailed information see our Travel & Accommodation page.
For all the good spirited women coming to Isla Mujeres for WMF 2018, we encourage you to take your first step forward today and begin planning your experience now to get in on discounts and special offers. We Move Forward 2018 is shaping up to be muy magico!