The Place: Isla Mujeres
Available on Isla
- ATM Machines are located at 2 banks HSBC & Banamex in Centro.
- Pharmacies are well stocked with many located in Centro and outlying neighborhoods.
- Grocery Stores are located in Centro and outlying neighborhoods.
- Hospitals with English speaking staff are located in Centro and at the Navy Base.
- Internet and wifi at the conference venue and at many hotels, restaurants and cafes
Getting to Isla Mujeres – It’s Fun & Easy!
WMF participants book return flights to and from Cancun, Mexico. There are plenty of flights to choose from daily. Once in Cancun, it is a short shuttle ride to the ferry dock, a quick ferry ride over the brilliant turquoise Caribbean waters, and then you’re on Isla.
Book a return flight to and from Cancun, Mexico. We encourage you to comparison shop for flights via different online travel services such as Travelocity, Expedia, etc.
Shuttle Service to Puerto Juarez (where you catch ferry to Isla)
Arrange a shuttle to the “Ultramar Ferry Terminal, Puerto Juarez” online, in advance:
WMF highly recommends pre-booking a shuttle service through Rhino Transfers, one of the more economical shuttle services in Cancun. The staff speak English and will meet you at the airport with your name on a placard. Here is the link to Rhino Transportation: www.rhinotransfers.com
When you arrive at the Cancun Airport…
Once in the Cancun Airport you will go through immigration & get your passport stamped, retrieve your luggage, go through customs, and should walk past all vendors inside the airport who will try to get your attention for tours and transit – it is best to not engage with them. All shuttle drivers are outside, just outside the exit doors, waiting for passengers. When you get outside it will be hectic, but look around and you will find a driver holding up a card with your name on it 🙂
At the Ultramar Puerto Juarez Ferry Terminal…
You will purchase a ticket at the ferry terminal, inside the building to your right. It is well marked with English signs. Once you get your ticket, get in line and wait for the ferry to arrive, which is every 30 minutes from very early in the morning until late in the evening. The cost is approximately $10 USD one-way.
For the schedule see: www.granpuerto.com.mx Once you have boarded you are sure to enjoy the scenic ride on the modern ferry.
When you arrive on Isla, walk to or take a short & inexpensive taxi ride (between $2 & $5 USD) to the hotel you are staying at, check-in and enjoy the sun, ocean and warm breeze.
Isla – It’s Easy & Safe to Get Around
By foot, golf cart, taxi, bicycle or motor scooter, Isla is very accessible, safe and easy to navigate. The conference venue, the MIA Reef Isla Mujeres Resort, is in Centro and a short walk to a wide assortment of wonderful shops, cafes and restaurants. Taxi fare is very reasonable on Isla, with most destinations costing between $2 – $5 usd.
What to Bring
- Sun hat
- Bathing suit
- White Clothing – We will wear white on our last night. If you don’t own summer whites, no worries, this gives you a good reason to shop at the many clothing shops on Isla.
- Personal Water Bottle – There will be large bottles of purified water available at the conference, and participants are responsible for having their own refillable bottle.
- Yoga Mat – There will be a limited number of yoga mats at the movement sessions, so we suggest you bring your own.
Send us an email, we’ll be happy to help you out: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about Isla Mujeres visit Isla-Mujeres.net