“My We Move Forward adventure began the moment I committed to going.” We hear this year after year from participants, because for many, WMF involves one or more “firsts”.
Firsts, such as:
- Going to Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Participating in a women’s retreat
- Traveling alone, or just with a girlfriend
- Meeting new friends from around the globe
- Getting to know & spending time with featured speakers
- Engaging in new, fun and thought provoking activities
Knowing that there are some “firsts” involved in attending WMF, Team We Move Forward has made the experience user-friendly from the get-go! Here’s how:
- On-line Registration & Confirmation – Shortly after you register, WMF’s Registration Manager, Jan, will send you a ‘Welcome Information & Confirmation’ email, a second email a few weeks prior to the event with need to know & nice to know information.
- Regular Newsletters & Facebook Updates – Julie & Janeen keep you updated on WMF news and promotions, like monthly WIN Wednesdays, via WMF newsletters and social media posts. To stay in the loop – visit & like: www.facebook.com/WeMoveForward & sign-up for News
- Clear Information on Planning Your Trip to Isla Mujeres – It really is as easy as 1-2-3! Visit the WMF Location Page and you’ll find all the information you need to know about getting from A to B. The fun part of any adventure is the anticipating and planning leading up to it! We’re here to help!
- A Well Layed-Out Program with You in Mind – We’re jazzed about the WMF 2015 program because it represents the best of all the programs from previous years. And, this year’s speakers & facilitators are SO committed to showing you a good time that we recently moved some of the talks & events around to heighten the flow and give you one of the best experiences of your life! Check out the Program Page
- FAQs & Answers – Have questions? We’ve got answers! Just check-out our FAQs or feel free to send us an email with your inquiries, and we’ll get right back to you with the information you need firstname.lastname@example.org
All that’s left to say is Andale! (And You Could WIN $200)
Holding off on registering “for now”? You might want to think twice – 1st because space is filling up at the We Move Forward venue, the MIA Reef Hotel, and 2nd if you register before November 1, 2014 your name goes in the hat to win $200 USD spending money while on Isla, and you’ll get in on the $100 early-bird discount too! Why wait when there’s good reason to act NOW – Andale!!!
Speaker Spotlight: Amy Angelilli
Amy Angelilli will host ‘An Afternoon at the Improv Playshop’ on Day 2 of We Move Forward. Like a number of previous speakers and facilitators, Amy attended WMF last year and put together a cool proposal to present this year. Here’s the scoop on Amy:
Where did you grow up? Philadelphia, PA (I grew up drinking “wooder.”)
If you could choose any actress to play you in your life story who would it be? Madonna (Yes, I did just say that.)
What is one of the more difficult decisions you’ve ever had to make? When I turned 40 I left my relationship, my house and my job (in that order). “Go big or go home” would have been the sentiment here had I not decided to include my home as one of the things I was leaving!
What are you most grateful for at this stage in your life? That I cut the crap shortly after turning 40 (yes, there is a theme here) and posted an authentic profile on an online dating website. One year to the day that I spoke from the heart instead of from the funny bone, I married the man who last fall said to me, “You want to go to a women’s retreat on Isla Mujeres on International Women’s Day? I’m in!” (My husband enjoyed the island and didn’t bother the ladies — too much!)
What are you looking forward to most at We Move Forward 2015? I’m so excited to share my story as I’ve been a solid example of “If she can move forward – anyone can do it.” Sometimes it takes one small step to make a big life change. My one small step was using the #1 improvisational theater “rule” in life – I said, “yes.” In my WMF playshop, we’ll see how saying “yes” and other mindful play techniques can create a positive — and passionate — lifestyle. And, YES, we’ll have a lot of fun while we’re playing together, too!
What is your favorite quote? “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” - Andy Warhol
Give us one other tidbit about you. I moved from Philadelphia to Denver in an RV with 18 cats and my ex-husband … I don’t recommend either. However, saying “yes” to adventure and failing is better than having no adventure at all.
Upcoming WIN Wednesday
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, inspirational speaker, author, & WMF 2014 speaker, Mary Carwile is generously giving away a signed copy of her 2 books: Heartstrings & Pink Ribbons and Heartstrings at 35,000 Feet. The contest runs on Wednesday, October 29!
Be sure to enter the draw to WIN!!!
Sea for Yourself – The We Move Forward 2015 Video
Mmmm Hmmm. We Move Forward does take place in paradise surrounded by Caribbean Sea. And, it is life changing too. View the video & sea for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3rlAs1-yR4